John Ohler, Broker/Owner of RE/MAX Achievers, Inc, of Collegeville and Pottstown, is pleased to announce that Rick Sheppard, of the Collegeville office, recently earned his Seniors Real Estate Specialists® or SRES® designation. By earning the SRES® designation, Sheppard has demonstrated the necessary knowledge and expertise to counsel clients age 50+ through major financial and lifestyle transitions in relocating, refinancing, or marketing and selling the family home.
The SRES® designation program provides professional training and development and seeks to instill knowledge and understanding of and empathy for age 50+ real estate clients and customers. Objectives include:
* Evaluate your market area attractiveness to the age 50+ market.
* Master the vocabulary of the range of housing options for the age 50+ market.
* Adapt methods for counseling the age 50+ buyer and sellers.
* Develop sensitivities to age 50+ issues and priorities when counseling buyers and sellers, showing properties, and managing transactions.
* Learn about the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages.
* Learn about uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions.
* Gain an understanding of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact age 50+ real estate decisions.
* Recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize age 50+ borrowers.
Rick earned his real estate license in 1988, his GRI designation in 1989 and his real estate broker’s license in 1996. Rick joined Re/MAX Achievers in 2014 and received the 100% Club Award in both 2014 and 2015.
Rick’s experience with assisting consumers in home buying, home selling, landlording, and leasing combined with his professional designations has provided him with the expertise to provide a high level of service to his clients.
Contact Rick Sheppard at our office located at 1425 S. Collegeville Road, Rt. 29, Collegeville, Pa., 610-489-5900, Cell: 610-864-9872. To view more info on Rick Sheppard, visit his website at www.RickSheppard.com.